AFTER several false starts and possibilities, we are arranging a smaller scale launch for the global Pink Ribbon charity on the evening of Thursday, 24 June, 2021 at The Ritz, central London.
Pink Ribbon has been given an initial go-ahead to plan for a party of 40-80 people – with a potential further extension of numbers – for the night in question, for a launch party that will include a raffle, special auction, selection of drinks and canapés for guests and one or two further surprises – all being well! – for the night.
The event will be run by Pink Ribbon in aid of Cancer Research UK, and will also support the national hereditary breast cancer helpline.
NB, a network of global offices, based on the continents, are now being prepared, along with some initial research work mapping out prevention and cure needs in various geographies around the world, in line with the Pink Ribbon global charter below.
10-Point Global Charter
- Research into current level of breast cancer prevention and cure technologies.
- Be the umbrella organisation for patients, patient groups and charities, to dovetail efforts.
- Canvass opinion and needs among medical practitioners.
- Seek support, help and input from commercial organisations, including healthcare, pharmaceutical and consumer, to achieve goals.
- Engage with as many existing events, activities and initiatives as possible to further networking.
- Provide individual country and continent-wide templates for success, continually revised, with key information provided.
- Lobby and canvass government for support and funding.
- Provide on-hand support, including financial support, where possible for provision of medical facilities.
- Run Pink Ribbon Awards to ensure recognition of progress.
- Countdown to the cure: global clock running to monitor ultimate success.
This particular event is being run by Pink Ribbon Europe, which hopes to comments its research work through 2021 into six European countries plus Russia.